Green Card Change Update

Green Card Name Change and Other Updates

It is vital to keep your proof of permanent residence in the United States current and up-to-date. This is particularly important when a Green Card holder changes name due to marriage or for other personal reasons. A name change requires the Green Card to be replaced and updated. Several documents must be submitted in order to update the name on the Green Card. Other changes and updates are also possible. A Green Card may be issued with incorrect or incomplete information. If your Green Card has incorrect or incomplete information, you must update it immediately. Download the Green Card Update Application Guide and submit your application today.

The Green Card Renewal/Replacement/Updates Guide was developed to help a permanent United States resident (Green Card holder) complete and file his or her own Green Card application without the assistance of an immigration attorney. The application guide contains detailed filing instructions and all the required application forms.

You should download the Green Card Updates Application Guide if one or more of the following applies to you:

Name Change: If you have recently changed your name due to marriage or any other reason.

Incorrect or Outdated Information: If your Green Card contains incorrect or outdated information.

Other Green Card Issues:

Lost, Stolen, Mutilated, Destroyed or Ineligible Green Card: You should file for a replacement immediately.

Green Card Not Received: Occasionally a Green Card is never received even though the application was approved and the Green Card issued by the USCIS. If you have already submitted a Green Card application, but did not receive it, there are certain procedures to follow to get a new one issued. The Green Card Replacement Application Guide describes how to request a new Green Card.

Remove “Conditional Residence”: If your Green Card was issued less than 2 years ago, it might be a “Conditional Green Card”. A conditional residence Green Cards is valid for two years. Individuals holding expired conditional Green Cards are considered “Out of Status” and the USCIS may start removal proceedings (deportation). The Green Card Replacement Application Guide contains filing instructions on how to remove the conditional residence and apply for an unconditional and permanent Green Card.

Address Change: Permanent Residents (Green Card holders) are required by law to inform the USCIS of any address change. It is a misdemeanor to willfully fail to provide the USCIS with a written notice of address change within 10 days. If you don’t need to make any changes to your Green Card, and only need to update your address, please download the Address Change application guide.

Expired Green Card: If your Green Card is expired or is going to expire within 6 months, you should submit your Green Card Renewal application immediately.
CLICK HERE to download the Green Card Updates and Name Changes Application. Instructions and Application Forms Included.

The Green Card Updates and Name Changes Application Guide:

Overview of Green Card updates and changes
How to update your Green Card due to name change (Green Card name change)
How to change biographic data on your Green Card
How to update your Green Card due to incorrect or incomplete information
How to remove the “Conditional Residence” status (temporary Green Card)
How to submit a name change
How to inquiry about an application already submitted
How to update incorrect or outdated information
List of required documents
Frequently asked questions
List of all USCIS (formerly INS) offices nationwide
List of United States Embassies and Consulates
Green Card Update and Name Change Application Forms
FREE Green Card Application Forms


Product Type:  eBook (Download) PDF format

Delivery Time: Instant Download

More Information about Green Card Name Change and Updates:

What is U.S. Citizenship
Top 10 Reasons to apply for U.S. Citizenship
Immigration Guides
Immigration Packages
Immigration Forms