Green Card Change of Address

Immigration Change of Address

Important Green Card and Visa Holder Change of Address Information: It is a misdemeanor crime to willfully fail to provide the USCIS with a written notice of address change (Form AR-11) within 10 days after remaining in the United States for 30 days or more. Individuals being convicted, including the parent or the legal guardian of an alien under age 14 who is required to give notice, can be fined up to $200 or imprisoned up to 30 days or a combination of both. Individuals may also be deported from the United States, ref. INA § 266(b). The United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) run a “Special Registration” program where individuals from certain countries go through additional security steps to confirm their change of address while in the United States. Nationalities and procedures are included in this information guide.

Notice of Change of Address applies to:

Nonimmigrant Visa Holders (visas such as F-1, H-1B, etc.)
Green Card Holders (permanent United States residents)

Providing the USCIS with your change of address is not a separate requirement, but it is a condition of a requirement of an individual’s stay in the United States. Visitors who do not comply with the change of address requirement during their stay in the United States will be considered “Out of Status”. The consequences of being out of status can lead to arrest, detention, fines, and/or removal from the United States. Future visa applications to enter the United States may also be impacted.

The purpose of the National Security Entry-Exit Registration System, which was put in place after September 11, 2001, is to keep a track record of those entering and leaving the United States. NSEERS was the first step taken by the Department of Justice and then by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in order to comply with the development of the Congressionally-mandated requirement for a comprehensive entry-exit program.
CLICK HERE to download the Address Change Application Guide for Green Card and Visa Holders. Instructions and Application Forms Included.

The Address Change Application Guide for Green Card and Nonimmigrant Visa Holders:

Change of Address overview

Who needs to inform the USCIS about a change of address
Requirements for Nonimmigrant visa holders (such as F-1, H1B, etc.)
Requirements for permanent residents (Green Card holders)
Information for individuals who require “Special Registration”
Filing information
USCIS Mailing Information
Customs and Border Protection Field Offices
Designated Ports of Departure for Special Registration Individuals
U.S. Immigration Terms Overview
List of all USCIS (formerly INS) offices nationwide
List of United States embassies and consulates
FREE Address Change Application Forms


Product Type:  eBook (Download) PDF format

Delivery Time: Instant Download


More Information on Address Change for Green Card Holders:

What is U.S. Citizenship
Top 10 Reasons to apply for U.S. Citizenship
Immigration Guides
Immigration Packages
Immigration Forms